What is a Student Ambassador?
A highly diverse, select, and prestigious group of Rio Hondo College (RHC) students who are dedicated to the promotion of Rio Hondo College. Ambassadors are enthusiastic, outgoing, visible student leaders at who provide information and services to the community about the College and Foundation.
Student Ambassadors have the opportunity to serve the college and community while gaining leadership experience. Students in the program will meet and network with campus officials, alumni, members of the community and VIPs while acquiring public relations experience. Students also have an opportunity to enhance their resume, make new friends, and have fun!
Stipend: $100-200 per semester
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct campus tours
- Meet and greet prospective students, families, alumni, and special guests at various campus-wide events
- Staff the Information Booth and Help Center the first week of each semester
- Serve as Hosts/Hostesses at Presidential functions and at special events on campus
- Assist in Foundation Fundraising/Community Relation efforts
- Represent the college at off-campus recruitment fairs and activities as needed
- Assist at RHC Commencement
- Assist college Outreach staff by serving as a peer mentor and assisting students with their transition from high school to college as needed
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA at RHC while in the program
- Must be enrolled in and complete six (6) units per semester at RHC
- Must be a student in good standing and not on Academic, Progress or Disciplinary Probation
- Must pay the College Service Fee
- Must submit a completed application to the Student Life & Leadership Department—SU201
- Must not schedule any work or classes on Friday’s between 10 a.m. to 12 noon for meetings
- Must have at least two (2) recommendation forms completed by RHC faculty or staff members
- Must complete a minimum of 50 service hours + minimum 10 training hours per semester
Applications are available now!
Priority Deadline is September 13th, 2013, but we accept applications year-round.
For more information, please see the Student Life & Leadership Staff